Just finished the first work week of 2013 and now I finally have time to sit back, hit the internetz and upload =) Got this idea from DH’s year ender Post-a-Palooza, and it just makes perfect sense. A best practice that I’d like to imitate, if you may… I was supposed to post this last week, but it took me a while to squeeze in just 10 photos. So many good memories, it was tough making the edit.
So here goes…*drumroll*
In no particular order or criteria. Just my favorite memories of people, places and events of the year that was.
1. Bets - Follow her, she tweets about food a lot. She’s also one of the faces of the new Olympus campaign. I’ve known her since she was a kid, and as far back as I can remember she’s been in billboards and print ads. I’m so happy she’s my neighbour and that she’s always game for beauty portrait sessions. Thanks, Bets! ^^
2. Up Dharma Down: Turn It Well - That expression on Armi’s face is priceless. This instantly became my favorite BTS shot. Check out the video here.
3. My Team - These are my fighting Urukhai. The crazy bunch on the 9th floor. The teams seated around us hate us because we make so much noise with our laughter and banter. It’s a pleasure serving you guys. Let’s aim for team excellence of the year!
4. New Year’s Eve Feast - This last NYE feast was a bit special, my sister and I took up kitchen duties, and we cooked up a storm! Thank goodness I didn’t screw up that prime rib. Also, that parma ham and manchego laced with truffle honey was an orgasm in my mouth
5. URCC - The URCC shows this year were just insane. This one was an all out war. In the end, the Igorot won.
6. Shooting Ede - I like this one because the entire shoot, we were wrestling with different lighting set ups, and all we got was crappy light. Then we went outside and found out (again) that the best light out there is free. No mods on this one. Just some nice afternoon sunlight.
7. KL - View from the hotel room. KL felt a lot like Makati, congested with horrible traffic.
8. Singapore - This trip, I met up with my highschool buddies and went to Laneway to catch Feist, Toro Y Moi, The Drums, Cults, Chairlift and The Pains of Being Pure At Heart. Also watched Wicked at the Marina Bay Sands and got to eat Coco Curry! Fun times.
9. Thailand - This green curry meal was made in the heart of the Amphawa floating market. We then hopped on a boat and got Thai food massagies around the Mae Klong river. Great experience, can’t wait to come back… Next time, I’ll go to Pataya and visit my long lost brothers.
10. Tonette and the Tether Cable - I was so excited to shoot tethered for the first time, I invited my dear friend, Tonette to shoot head shots. After this shoot, I was convinced that the most important thing in the world is connection with your subject. No connection means no expression.
So there. My personal highlight reel in 10 pictures…
I can’t wait for what 2013 will bring. Whatever it is, I’ll be sure to take some snaps (hopefully 2013 also brings me an iPhone 5 so I can shoot more often).
Cheers, guys… More soon.